I have recently decided to restart this blog. It’s been a while since I’ve put any real new material here, and I think it’s time.

There will be some key differences I think in how I do things.

  1. It will not be daily.  It will come as God shows me things that I feel I just “have to share.” I have no idea how often this will be. We’ll see how things go.
  2. It will be more along the lines of what I originally intended: not so much trying to teach and apply, as insights I gain as I read. Thus I suspect each “article” will be shorter than before.
  3. It will not be nearly as comprehensive as before. I will not be covering as many individual chapters. I tend to read more chapters at one time than I used to.
  4. It will not be covering the Bible chronologically as I originally did. I am going through the Bible from cover to cover, however. As I write this, I’m in Leviticus.
  5. I think I’ll be switching to the Christian Standard Bible going forward. I like it better than the NIV at this point. That may change, however.

May God bless you as you read.

<The following is my previous explanation for the original blog.>

This blog has recently been posted on our church’s website, so for anyone who is new to this blog, this is what you should know.

First, this blog was made to be a “devotional commentary” on the Bible. As such, it can be used on a day-to-day basis as a devotional that can take you through the Bible. Or it can be used to check particular passages you may have questions on. It is not meant to be a verse-by-verse commentary, however. Nevertheless, I have tried to tackle any major questions that people typically have.

To find passages, you can look through the menu, and find the blogs categorized by Bible book. As this is a blog, all the posts at the top are the latest ones. So if you want to see the earlier chapters, you need to scroll down. You can also use the search feature in the blog to find passages.

Second, particularly in the Old Testament, I tried to do things chronologically. So, for example, the prophets are intermixed with the historical narratives, and where there are more than one account of the same story, they are grouped together.

Third, this blog is officially finished. That is, no new posts are being made at this time. There are occasional corrections that are being made, however, as I translate this blog into Japanese. Most of them are scripture reference corrections, although from time to time, I find myself changing views on certain issues, in which case more extensive changes are made. This doesn’t happen often, but it does happen.

Finally, the views expressed in this blog are not all necessarily the views of Crossroad church. So if there are any questions on that, please ask me or the pastor of our church, Fumi Chito. I would guess he would agree with over 90% of what I wrote, but there is that remaining 10% to deal with. 🙂

My hope is that through this blog, you can better understand the scriptures. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to write them in the comments sections.

May God richly bless you as you read.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s